Why Choose Cataract & LASIK Center of Utah
Your choice of where to go for vision correction is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. The practice and surgeon you choose can mean the difference between excellent results or real complications. Selecting an experienced surgeon, the most advanced technology and a center with a focus on personal patient care is of the upmost importance. So, why choose Cataract & LASIK Center of Utah?
At the Cataract & LASIK Center of Utah, we are committed to this excellence and our patients trust and rely on us to provide the best eye care available.
10 Reasons to Choose the Cataract and LASIK Center of Utah
- Dedication – Dr. Monroe has performed thousands of eye surgeries and has received numerous awards for her dedication and work in the eye care field.
- Results – Our patients enjoy some of the best results in Utah with many of our LASIK patients seeing better than 20/20!
- Experience – Together, our doctors offer over 65 years combined experience in eye care.
- Technology – We offer the most advanced procedures and technology (including LASIK) in our state-of-the-art facility.
- Affordability – The Cataract & Lasik Center of Utah offers a variety of payment plans making LASIK and lifestyle intraocular lenses affordable for almost any budget.
- Convenience – We are conveniently located in Orem allowing you to avoid the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Comprehensive Eye Care – We are not just a LASIK center. The Cataract & Lasik Center of Utah provides a full range of eye care services and if LASIK is not right for you, we may have a better solution for your sight!
- Personal Care – Many members of our staff have been patients of Dr. Monroe and are walking testimonials of how wonderful renewed vision is!
- Doctor’s Doctor – Dr. Monroe is the surgeon other doctors trust their eyes to and is the surgeon other eye doctors trust their patient’s eyes to!
- Vision to Help Others – Dr. Monroe and the Cataract & Lasik Center of Utah are committed to helping others in our community enjoy a clearer world!
Firsts in Our Field of Cataract & LASIK Care
The Cataract & LASIK Center of Utah is committed to providing our patients the best service and technology available. We have often acquired the latest ophthalmic equipment for our center long before even the large hospitals, surgi-centers, or multi-doctor ophthalmic practices in our area. We are also committed to bringing this state-of -the-art technology to you at a reasonable cost. We do this by having our own Medicare-certified surgical center in which we are able to contain costs and pass the savings on to you.
Firsts in Utah
- First Medicare-Certified Eye Surgical Center ¬– January, 1987
- First Medicare-Certified Single Specialty Ambulatory Surgical Center – January, 1987
- First LASIK Surgeon-Owned Excimer Laser (eliminating 3rd party corporate fees) – September, 1998
- First WavePrint Wavefront Analyzer (detects and measures higher order aberrations previously undetected in eye examinations to determine candidacy for laser vision correction) – July 9, 2002
- First VISX Star S4 Laser (with ActiveTrak Auto Centering 3D Eye Tracker) – October, 2002
- First Intralase Laser (takes the blade out of LASIK, making it a safer, all-laser procedure) – July 4, 2003
- First Wavefront Aberrometer with Fourier Analysis (uses 100% of wavefront data for more accurate measurements) – 2004
- First ORange Wavefront Aberrometer (real-time measurements in the operating room to improve IOL accuracy) – 2009
Firsts in Utah County
- First Phacoemulsification Machine (for small incision cataract surgery) – 1987
- First In-Office YAG Laser (for “secondary cataract”) – 1987
- First Topographer (maps shape of outer corneal surface) – 1993
- First Temperature & Humidity Controlled Laser Center – September, 1998
- First Fixed-Site (non-mobile) Excimer Laser for Laser Vision Correction – September, 1998
- First Orbscan II (maps shape of inner and outer corneal surfaces and thickness of the entire cornea to determine candidacy for laser vision correction) – May, 2000
- First iFS Intralase Laser (bladeless, customized laser flap creation) – 2010
To view or download our practice brochure, click here.